UPVC Window and Door Leaks Gaps Drafts Welling Erith Blackfen
UPVC Window and Door Leaks Gaps Drafts
Are you having problems with Water Leaks Gaps Drafts in your Double Glazed windows and doors? There could be many reasons why you windows and doors could be drafty or letting in water
Drafty front doors with Gaps
UPVC Door Adjustments
- Has your door dropped?
- Have you got gaps in your UPVC door?
- Does your Double Glazed door feel rattly or loose?
- When you lift your door handle to double lock the door, does the lock feel stiff or notchy?
- Are you having problems turning the key?
- Does your UPVC door have Leaks Gaps Drafts?
Call The Window Wizard who can adjust and realign your door and solve your Leaks Gaps Drafts
Letter Plate Box
Is your old style of postal box letting in a draft? Are the internal brushes warn?
Did you know that up to 27% of heat can be lost through a draughty letterbox!
All our replacement telescopic letter plate boxes we supply and fit are:
- Energy Efficiency & Weather Resistance
- External foam seal for increased weather protection
- Internal brushes reduce air filtration and prevent heat loss
- UV stable finish
- Fully sprung flaps with thumb handles for ease of use
Rainwater leaking in windows & doors
Due to the high level of rain last night I have been called to a number of jobs today where rainwater was either on the customer’s carpet / doormat or window inner ledge / cill.
This simple problem can be cured in one visit and after the problem is solved I show my customer the route of the problem and test with a jug of water to show the problem is cured.
Sometimes (in rare cases) the problem cannot be solved due to a design fault in the window or door design but this problem would have been present from the day of installation. However I have managed successfully to cure some leaking doors and windows due to design faults in the past.
Are the rubber seals on your double glazed door perished, damaged or letting in a draft?
If you have drafts coming from your door it might be worth checking the condition of the door and frame rubber seals as over time they can perish or become worn.
Window and Door water leaks
You also need to check and regularly clean the small drainage channels / slots in your windows and doors to stop water ingress and creating leaks.
Do you have Gaps and Drafts in your Windows?
- Are your windows feeling drafty or do you have gaps?
- Are you having problems opening and closing your UPVC window?
- Have your windows become noisy?
- Has your window dropped or out of alignment?
Then please call The Window Wizard for a cost effective repair which will help save on your energy bills.
Double Glazing Maintenance
Typically when most Double Glazing Installers sell you new double glazing and tell you that it is 100% maintenance free.
This is not the case!
You should regularly (once a year) lubricate all metal parts including the Locks, hinges, handles and mechanisms with a light machine oil like ‘3 in One’ oil this can help prevent drafts leaks gaps and even water getting inside the frames. Damaged / worn / non-maintained window hinges are often the main cause.
Your Local Double Glazing Repair Specialist