UPVC door lock change for extra security Bexleyheath Dartford Swanley
UPVC door lock advice and how to help to prevent burglaries
I was given a met police leaflet by one of my customers regarding UPVC door lock advice which I would like to share with you. If you would like piece of mind and extra security, please call The Window Wizard for advice and a fixed price for a door lock change.
- Your doors must be double locked to be properly secured.
- Deadlock your door with the key, do not just lift the handle.
- Keep house keys upstairs or store them near the door, out of sight, for easy access in an emergency.
- Use all door and window locks fitted to your home.
- Keep your car keys away from the front door and store them somewhere safe
- Ensure that all your multi-point door locks are working.
If your UPVC door lock is not functioning correctly then please give us a call on 0208 310 4193 so we can give you a FREE quote to repair or renew your door lock.
The Metropolitan Police and Greenwich Council have got together to print and distribute the above leaflets.
Keeping your home safe
- Please remember to always lock your doors and windows, even if you are only going out for a few minutes. If you have a UPVC door lock or windows double-lock them with the keys to secure them properly.
- Leave some lights on if it will be dark before you get home. Install low wattage ‘dusk to dawn’ outside lights. If you have a burglar alarm remember to activate it.
- I can upgrade your existing standard door cylinder and supply and fit a high security cylinder.
Extra Security and Upgrade for your Double Glazed Door Lock
Unfortunately due to the increase in crime, I have recently been asked to fit extra security door locks for my customers but this is normally after a burglary. Prevention is better than cure so if you would like to add extra security and peace of mind to your UPVC Double Glazed Front door, Sliding Patio doors, Porch, French or back door security please give me a call to discuss your options.
Extra security devices I can supply and fix
It’s not just your door we can offer extra security to, we also offer a range of extra security devices for your Double Glazed windows too.
I can fit door chains, extra bolts, swing bolts, anti drill, anti bump, anti snap, anti pick door cylinders / barrels etc..
Upgrade your standard door cylinder to a high performance 6 pin Euro Door Cylinder which is Anti bump/snap/pick
- Supplied with 3 keys
- Extra security Euro Profile 6 Pin BS Cylinder
- Hardened Anti -Drill pins
- Anti – Pick / Break / Snap
- Over 100,000 key combinations
- BS EN 1303 classification 16000C62
- Security grade 6
Door lock change when moving Home
We know how important it is for our customers to feel safe and secure when you move to your new home. We can offer you piece of mind by offering a door lock change, we can supply and fit your new home with the latest Euro cylinders. Why not upgrade your standard door cylinder at the same time as changing your barrel and keys, with a high performance 6 pin Euro Door Cylinder which is Anti bump/snap/pick?
Please remember that even if you have been given 3 keys to your new home, many more keys could have been cut and given out to friends and families over the years etc…
Please click here to read more on Thumb Turn door locks.
The Window Wizard can supply and fit you a thumb turn door lock change for most styles of double glazed doors.
High security Euro cylinders can prevent against lock snapping which is a method used by burglars to break into a home and can gain access through your front or back door within 60 seconds when a standard euro cylinder is fitted. The intruder will smash the door handle and break the cylinder in two, then manipulate the lock open. It is not just the multi-lock that ensures the door is secure but the cylinder it’s self that operates and controls the lock. The cylinder is the weakest point and if compromised all the locking points are in vain.
Lock bumping is a lock picking technique that intruders use for opening a UPVC & Double Glazed door locks using a specially made bump key which they fit into the cylinder then tap while trying to turn the key.
Below is a before photograph of a standard Euro cylinder and an after photograph of a extra security cylinder fitted in the same pair of French doors:
Windows & Door Repairs before your home survey
Are you moving home and need affordable window or door repairs carried out, before your new buyer carries out a survey?
Call The Window Wizard if you require any double glazing repairs before your potential customers view your property. We can carry out most repairs in just one visit, so you won’t need to keep having days off work for repairs.
So whether you require:
- Spare window handle locking keys
- A broken or worn door or window handle replaced
- A new cat flap fitted or a new UPVC reinforced panel to replace a cat flap
- French doors, Sliding door, tilt and slide doors or porch door adjusted
- Patio doors, front door, back door or conservatory door adjustment
- Jammed window opened and repaired
- Window hinges replaced
- Door lock change
- Door letter box renewed
- Wobbly door handles replaced
- Door hinges replaced
Likewise if you have just moved into a new property and have noticed any of the above problems, then please call David for a fair price and friendly service.
How The Window Wizard can help you
I have also noticed that many people do not fully lock their front UPVC door lock.
If your door handle does not lift fully up and allow you to turn your key it could be that your door is misaligned, dropped or other simple problem that can be fixed.
If your UPVC door is not locking fully then give me a call and I will quote you a fixed price over the phone to fix it.
Please Click Here to read more information on double glazing UPVC door lock change.
We can also offer you a door lock change, extra security device , locks to fit on your existing double glazing windows and doors.
Double Glazing Repairs
Extra Security and door lock up-graded for UPVC double glazed doors
The Window Wizard
Telephone No.020 8310 4193
Bexleyheath, Dartford, Crayford, Swanley, Welling, Wilmington, Thamesmead, Sidcup, Erith
If your UPVC door is not locking fully then give me a call and I will quote you a fixed price over the phone to fix it. We can also offer you extra security device / locks to fit on your existing double glazing windows and doors.