UPVC Multi Point Locking Mechanism Dartford Wilmington
UPVC Multi Point Locking Mechanism
I have been called to a few jobs recently, where a locksmith had only replaced the upvc multi point locking mechanism but not adjusted the door. The main reason for a multi point locking mechanism breaking is due to the door not fitting the frame correctly. When a new multi lock is fitted, the door should always be checked and re-aligned professionally if adjustment is required. If the door is not re-aligned then the original problem of the misaligned door, will cause the new multi point locking mechanism to break again.
If the door is not re-aligned then the original problem of the misaligned door, will cause the new multi-point locking mechanism to break again. When fitting a new multi point locking mechanism, I always fully check the doors operation and re-align any dropped doors as part of the service of replacing your new door lock.
Repair the problem to stop your multi-point locking system breaking.
If your door becomes stiff to lock or difficult to shut then you may need a door adjustment. However if you leave this problem unattended. A strain or extra resistance on your multi-point door locking system, can course the lock to fail. Many customer say that their handle had felt notchy for a few weeks. However, when they lift the handle with force they felt the lock break.
What is a multi-lock?
- A multi-point locking system has a minimum of 3 locking points that all lock at the same time by the turn of a single key. The multi point locking mechanism operates by using either:
- The Key
- The door handle.
- Some systems use both the handle and the key.
How do I know if my multi point locking mechanism is broken?
There are a few indications such as:
- My door won’t lock.
- When I turn the key I can hear a clicking sound.
- The handle won’t lift.
- My key won’t turn.
- The Bolts / Mushrooms / Hooks / Rollers do not retract or operate
- The door handle is loose and floppy
How do I know if my front or back door needs re-aligning or adjusting?
- If your door handle or key has been stiff or difficult to operate, this could be due to a misalignment problem.
- The bottom of my door is catching and rubbing on my frame
- The door does not seem to line-up with the frame and makes it difficult to lift the handle and turn the key.
- I can see a gap around the frame edges
Please Click here to read more information on UPVC Multi point locking mechanisms
Why do multi point locking mechanisms break?
- The lock could be worn.
- Installed or fitted incorrectly.
- If the handle is forced in the up position and the door is misaligned, this can break the lock.
- Lack of maintenance and lubrication.
- An object in the keep or the multi point locking mechanism, such as pebble dashing causing an obstruction.
What type of multi-point locking mechanisms do you have?
A list of different types of multi point locking mechanisms
- 2 Hook multi point locking mechanism
- Hook 2 – Mushroom
- Hook 2 – Mushroom STD Hook
- Roller – Hook 2
- Roller – Hook 3
- Hook 4 – Roller
- Deadbolt – Hook 2 Deadbolt
- Hook 2 Pin 3 Roller
- Deadbolt – 4 Roller
- Deadbolt – 1 Hook
- Hook – 4 Roller
- Hook – 2 Pin – 2 Roller
- 4 Hook – 2 Pin – 4 Roller
- Multi-point Lock 3 Deadbolt
- Tongues 2
- Pin Shoot bolts 2
- Pin Shoot bolts 2 – 2 Roller
- Roller 2 – 2 Mushroom
- Hook 2 – Pin 2 – Roller 2
A list of multi point locking mechanism brands that The Window Wizard fits.
ABT, AVC, Avocet, ERA, Fuhr, Fullex, GU, KFV, Lockmaster, Maco, Mila, Millenco, Roto, Winkhaus, Yale.
Furthermore, For a professional and affordable repair to your door, please call David, I have most locks available in stock so that changing your lock can be completed in one visit.
The Window Wizard is a UPVC Door Lock Specialist covering Bexley and Beyond
Local UPVC Door Repairs
Doors can succumb to a range of problems; this can be a concern for both the safety and aesthetic of your home. If you’re worried about your safety. The Window Wizard can offer a range of UPVC door repairs for your home as soon as possible.
There are many common UPVC door problems that can occur; including jammed locks, broken hinges and more. However, if you can’t spot the issue straight away, your door might be in need of a different type of repair. This can range from a dropped door needing realignment to a restriction causing a draft. No matter the issue, we’re confident we can repair your door.
A Genuine Double Glazing Repair Only Company
We are purely a repair business with a sole repairman at your service. David, The Window Wizard himself, has over 25 years’ worth of experience under his belt. What’s more, he is Advanced City & Guilds qualified. This means that you can relax knowing he is trained professionally to provide a repair for your door at a price affordable you.
Once you have used our services, we’re sure you’ll want us to return for all your door and window reparation needs. As a local service for Bexleyheath and the surrounding areas, you can rest assured we can be with you as soon as possible as a personal repair service.
If you would like to hire The Window Wizard to repair a lock or other door feature for your home, don’t hesitate to contact us on 020 8310 4193 or email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPVC Multi Point Locking Mechanism supplied and fitted
The Window Wizard
Telephone No.020 8310 4193
Bexleyheath, Dartford, Crayford, Swanley, Welling, Wilmington, Thamesmead, Sidcup, Erith
The main reason for a multi point locking mechanism breaking, is due to the door not fitting the frame correctly. If the door is not re-aligned then the original problem of the misaligned door, will cause the new multi point locking mechanism to break again. When fitting a new multi point locking mechanism, I always fully check the doors operation and re-align any dropped doors as part of the service of replacing your new door lock.