UPVC Window Hinge Broken Plastic Slider Bexleyheath Dartford
UPVC Window Hinge
Q. My UPVC window hinge has broken can my window be repaired?
A. Yes, one of the most frequent repair jobs that I am asked to carryout is to replace window hinges. Quite often only one UPVC window hinge may be broken however, I always replace both the window hinges. Are your window hinges side hung OR top hung? We carry all the different sizes of lengths, stack heights and track widths in the van so the repair can be completed in one visit for customer convenience.
Common UPVC Window Hinge Problems
- Are you struggling to open and close your window?
- Has the black plastic Slider broken in your UPVC window hinge?
- Does the window have gaps which let in a draft?
- Is it difficult to shut your Window?
- Have you noticed in your aluminium double glazed window that the black slider within the Window hinge has broken/split/snapped?
- Has your UPVC Window hinge worn and no longer work in sync for a smooth operation to open or close the window?
If you have any of the above problems with your window hinges then a cost effective replacement of the window hinges, will solve your problem. We offer a supply and fit at a fixed price for aluminium windows with pop riveted or screw fixed hinges as well as UPVC Window hinges.
Three main issues with worn hinges
- Broken plastic slider – This causes the window opener to not close fully and therefore leaving a gap
- Worn Pivot points – This also causes the window to not close tight
- Sheared or loose fixing points – This can cause all kinds of problems such as the opener catches the bottom or side edge when closing or the locking mechanism. The window handle will not lock.
Plastic Slider Broken in UPVC Window Hinge
Below is a photograph of a black plastic slider broken in an UPVC window hinge. Broken plastic sliders are the most common source of problems with UPVC window hinges.
Bent or buckled UPVC window hinge
A bent or buckled window hinge normally indicates a large window and sometimes the window can benefit from larger upgraded hinges.
The Window Wizard offers an affordable service to update your window hinges to meet new building regulations. So whether you need your broken UPVC window hinge replaced, changed to child restricted hinges or fire escape then please call David The Window Wizard on 0208 310 4193.
If you have any problems with your window hinges, please give me a call and I will be happy to discuss your window problems and give you a fixed price to solve the problem.