UPVC Multi Point Locking Mechanism Dartford Wilmington
UPVC Multi-Point Locking Mechanism
I have been called to a few jobs recently, where a locksmith had only replaced the upvc multi-point locking mechanism but not adjusted the door. The main reason for a multi-point locking mechanism breaking is due to the door not fitting the frame correctly. When a new multi-lock is fitted, the door should always be checked and re-aligned professionally if adjustment is required. If the door is not re-aligned then the original problem of the misaligned door, will cause the new multi-point locking mechanism to break again.
If the door is not re-aligned then the original problem of the misaligned door, will cause the new multi-point locking mechanism to break again. When fitting a new multi-point locking mechanism, I always fully check the doors operation and re-align any dropped doors as part of the service of replacing your new door lock.
What is a multi-lock?
- A multi-point locking system has a minimum of 3 locking points that all lock at the same time by the turn of a single key. The multi-locking mechanism operates by using either:
- The Key
- The door handle.
- Some systems use both the handle and the key.
How do I know if my multi-point locking mechanism is broken?
There are a few indications such as:
- My door won’t lock.
- When I turn the key I can hear a clicking sound.
- The handle won’t lift.
- My key won’t turn.
- The Bolts / Mushrooms / Hooks / Rollers do not retract or operate
- The door handle is loose and floppy
How do I know if my front or back door needs re-aligning or adjusting?
- If your door handle or key has been stiff or difficult to operate, this could be due to a misalignment problem.
- The bottom of my door is catching and rubbing on my frame
- The door does not seem to line-up with the frame and makes it difficult to lift the handle and turn the key.
- I can see a gap around the frame edges
Please Click here to read more information on UPVC Multi-point locking mechanisms
Why do multi-point locking mechanisms break?
- The lock could be worn.
- Installed or fitted incorrectly.
- If the handle is forced in the up position and the door is misaligned, this can break the lock.
- Lack of maintenance and lubrication.
- An object in the keep or multi-lock such as pebble dashing causing an obstruction.
What type of multi-point locking mechanisms do you have?
A list of different types of multi-point locking mechanisms
1. 2 Hook
2. 2 Hook 2 Mushroom
3. 2 Hook 2 Mushroom STD Hook
4. 2 Hook 2 Roller
5. 2 Hook 3 Roller
6. 2 Hook 4 Roller
7. 3 Hook 4 Roller
8. 3 Hook 2 Deadbolt
9. 3 Hook 2 Pin 3 Roller
10. 3 Deadbolts
11. 3 Deadbolt 4 Roller
12. 3 Deadbolt 1 Hook
13. 4 Hook
14. 4 Roller
15. 4 Hook 4 Roller
16. 4 Hook 2 Pin 2 Roller
17. 4 Hook 2 Pin 4 Roller
18. Multipoint Lock 3 Deadbolt
19. 2 Tongues
20. 2 Pin Shootbolts
21. 2 Pin Shootbolts 2 Roller
22. 2 Roller 2 Mushroom
23. 2 Hook 2 Pin 2 Roller
A list of multi-point locking mechanism brands that The Window Wizard fits.
ABT, AVC, Avocet, ERA, Fuhr, Fullex, GU, KFV, Lockmaster, Maco, Mila, Millenco, Roto, Winkhaus, Yale.
Furthermore, For a professional and affordable repair to your door, please call David, I have most locks available in stock so that changing your lock can be completed in one visit.
UPVC Lock repair specialist
Please Click here to read more information on UPVC door lock advice
UPVC Multi Point Locking Mechanism supplied and fitted
The Window Wizard
Telephone No.020 8310 4193
Bexleyheath, Dartford, Crayford, Swanley, Welling, Wilmington, Thamesmead, Sidcup, Erith
The main reason for a multi point locking mechanism breaking, is due to the door not fitting the frame correctly. If the door is not re-aligned then the original problem of the misaligned door, will cause the new multi point locking mechanism to break again. When fitting a new multi point locking mechanism, I always fully check the doors operation and re-align any dropped doors as part of the service of replacing your new door lock.