UPVC Multi Point Locking Mechanism Dartford Wilmington
UPVC Multi Point Locking Mechanism
I have been called to a few jobs recently, where a locksmiths had only replaced the upvc multi point locking mechanism but not adjusted the door. The main reason for a multi point locking mechanism breaking, is due to the door not fitting the frame correctly. When a new multi-lock is fitted, the door should always be checked and re-aligned professionally if adjustment are required. If the door is not re-aligned then the original problem of the misaligned door, will cause the new multi point locking mechanism to break again.
When fitting a new multi point locking mechanism, I always fully check the doors operation and re-align any dropped doors as part of the service of replacing your new door lock.
What is a multi-lock?
- A multi-point locking system has a minimum of 3 locking points that all lock at the same time by the turn of a single key. The multi locking mechanism operates by using either:
- The Key
- The door handle.
- Some systems use both the handle and the key.
How do I know if my multi-point locking mechanism is broken?
There are a few indications such as:
- My door won’t lock.
- When I turn the key I can hear a clicking sound.
- The handle won’t lift.
- The key won’t turn.
- The Bolts / Mushrooms / Hooks / Rollers do not retract or operate
- The door handle is loose and floppy
How do I know if my front or back door needs re-aligning or adjusting?
- If your door handle or key has been stiff or difficult to operate, this could be due to a misalignment problem.
- The bottom of my door is catching and rubbing on my frame
- The door does not seem to line-up with the frame and makes it difficult to lift the handle and turn the key.
- I can see a gap around the frame edges
Why do multi point locking mechanisms break?
- The lock could be worn.
- Installed or fitted incorrectly.
- If the handle is forced in the up position and the door is misaligned, this can break the lock.
- Lack of maintenance and lubrication.
- An object in the keep or multi-lock such as pebble dashing causing an obstruction.
What type of multi point locking mechanisms do you have?
A list of different types of multi point locking mechanisms.
- 2 Hook
- 2 Hook 2 Mushroom
- 2 Hook 2 Mushroom STD Hook
- 2 Hook 2 Roller
- 2 Hook 3 Roller
- 2 Hook 4 Roller
- 3 Hook 4 Roller
- 3 Hook 2 Deadbolt
- 3 Hook 2 Pin 3 Roller
- 3 Deadbolts
- 3 Deadbolt 4 Roller
- 3 Deadbolt 1 Hook
- 4 Hook
- 4 Roller
- 4 Hook 4 Roller
- 4 Hook 2 Pin 2 Roller
- 4 Hook 2 Pin 4 Roller
- Multipoint Lock 3 Deadbolt
- 2 Tongues
- 2 Pin Shootbolts
- 2 Pin Shootbolts 2 Roller
- 2 Roller 2 Mushroom
- 2 Hook 2 Pin 2 Roller
A list of multi point locking mechanism brands that The Window Wizard fits.
ABT, AVC, Avocet, ERA, Fuhr, Fullex, GU, KFV, Lockmaster, Maco, Mila, Millenco, Roto, Winkhaus, Yale.
For a professional and affordable repair to your door, please call David. I have most locks available in stock so that your lock change can be completed in one visit.
UPVC Lock repair specialist