Identify Double Glazing front door lock problems Thamesmead Dartford
Identifying your Double Glazing front door lock problems
Below is a list of common Double Glazing front door lock problems. I am able to offer an affordable and professional service to repair your door. If you have any of the problems listed or any other Double Glazing front door lock problems, then please call David The Window Wizard on 0208 310 4193
- My front door multi-lock is broken.
- My UPVC door rubs on the door frame and is catching at the bottom.
- The door handles are floppy and loose.
- My Double Glazed front door won’t look.
- The door will only lock with the Key on the inside and I am unable to lock the door from the outside.
- Only my inner door handle works so I can’t double lock and fully lock my door.
- My door has gaps and is drafty.
- Only the outer door handle works and won’t operate the lock, so I can only open the door with the key on the inside.
- My UPVC door is leaking and letting in water.
- My door handle is notchy, so I have to force the handle up to lock my front door.
- The door key unlocks but the handle won’t move, so I can’t open my front door.
- When the door handle is down, the hooks and bolts do not fully retract back in to the door lock.
- The door key just spins in the lock so I can’t unlock or open my door.
- My key won’t turn in my door lock.
- I have broken my key in the door lock.
- My front door handle has broken off.
- I can lock the door but I can’t remove my key.
- The door handle feels like it is going to fall off.
- My upvc door hinge is loose or broken.
- My front door needs adjusting or realigning.
Common Double Glazing front door lock problems
This sounds strange but I have come across a few UPVC and Composite front doors lately that can be opened with just the outside handle when not fully locked (fully locked = lift handle then turn key)
A front door should not be able to be opened from the outside without a key if your front door does open with just the outside handle then you may have a back/porch door style lock fitted inside your front door (fairly common) or the correct fittings have not been fitted inside your handles (also fairly common) or your locking system could be part broken.
Also I have noticed that a lot of UPVC, composite and aluminium doors spring back open when you shut them, I can also fix this problem (some people just lift the handle to hold the door shut but this will cause excess ware on the handle and locking mechanism).
If you are have Double Glazing front door lock problems
We can renew or replace multi point locks, for your Double Glazed front or back door.
We fit window and door brands such as: ABT, AGB, AVC, Avocet, CEGO, ERA, Fab & Fix, Fuhr, Fullex, GU, Hoppe, Kendrick, KFV, Lockmaster, Maco, Mila, Millenco, Roto, Saracen, Si, Surelock, Triad, Trojan, Union, Winkhaus, Yale and many more…
We are a repair only company so we do not install new double glazing or sell parts, we offer a professional supply and fit service. If your front door has any problems from bouncing back open to a broken door lock, then please give me a call or email and I will do my best to help.
Your local Double Glazing Window Doctor