Door Lock Repair Service
Professional Door Lock Repair Service
We offer our customers a locksmith and double glazing door lock repair service, two services in one.
Whether you have a jammed shut door or need a complete new multi lock replacement. The Window Wizard offers a competitive door lock repair service.
Call 020 8310 4193 now to speak to David our expert double glazing repairman. Your door lock repair service specialist.
You can click here to visit our Contact Us page.
David The Window Wizard specializes in all UPVC double glazed multi point door locking systems. Most locksmiths companies, renew the broken lock without rectifying the cause of the problem. However David offers a full door alignment service when renewing all customer locks as standard practice. In our experience most UPVC door locks fail due to misalignment. Very few locks break due to being worn out or old.
Please click here to read our goggle 5* reviews
Who carry’s out the repairs?
Our highly skilled tradesman David, has City & Guilds advanced qualifications in carpentry. David has over 30 years’ experience in the lock industry. Offering his knowledge and ability to correctly replace your old door lock. Also at the same time David will rectify your initial problem which caused your door lock to break. We pride ourselves on our technical expertise and wealth of experience. David provides our customers with the best door lock repair service and value for money.
The Window Wizard Door Lock Repair Service Credentials
- Fixed and fair prices
- Locksmith service
- Genuine no fix no fees
- No call out fee, No inspection fee
- Experienced, qualified and professional door lock repair service
- We are NOT a multi-national franchise
- You will always have the same tradesman David, carryout your door lock repairs
- Friendly local family run business
- Fully insured
Will I have to wait long for a replacement lock?
We carry a large stock of UPVC door locking systems and associated parts in The Window Wizard van. Most repairs can be carried out in a single visit. Special order multi-locks can be fitted with 2-3 working days. We only use top quality lock components and never use cheap copy parts. All new locks and parts that we fit are guaranteed for your peace of mind.
Call 020 8310 4193 now to book an appointment for a door alignment to prevent your door lock from breaking.
Why has my door lock stopped working?
Is your front or back door difficult to operate and requires extra force to lift the handle or lock? The most common cause for the lock to break or fail, would be if the door was out alignment. With David’s expertise and knowledge, he specialize in technical door alignments. Most locksmiths do not carry out door alignment checks or service when they renew locks. Many Locksmiths tell customers that if they have a problem lifting the door handles, this is due to a faulty locking mechanism but this is not always the case. Stiff or notches handles are more likely due to door misalignment. So customers might not require a new lock, just a door adjustment.
How we can help you?
A customer recently contacted us as she was having trouble with her back door lock which had jammed shut. The homeowner had previously spoken to a Locksmith who had stated he could not open the door without possibly damaging the plastic door or frame. Many people posing as locksmiths have minimal training and skill. David has the skills and knowledge to successfully open your jammed shut doors without damage. A new multi-lock is not always necessary as the lock can be repaired and a less expensive option for our customers. If David is unable to open the door, then the customer will not charge any fees. We inform all our customers during our telephone call or online communications of our fixed costs to open your jammed doors, repair your door locks or replace your multi-point door lock.
I do not know the age or manufacturer of my door
Don’t worry if your door lock or door handles does not have any manufacturers markings or names as many don’t. We will be able to identify your lock or handles and offer a repair or replacement. Even if your door lock is very old and discontinued, we can offer a conversion to a more modern door locking system. With every lock repair or replacement we carry out we always check and align the door and make sure that the door locks smoothly and correctly.
A door lock repair company you can trust
- 2 million pounds public liability insurance
- Fully qualified with Advanced City & Guilds
- Awards in Customer Care and Health & Safety
- Business card given on arrival
- All appointments are logged into a work diary
- Exact appointment times are available if required
- Digital camera for taking photos of rare broken door parts enabling us to email photos to our suppliers all over the UK
- Logo embroidered company uniform worn
- Safety gloves / equipment used when necessary
- We always wipe our feet before entering your property (we will respect your home like our own)
- Non-smoking Tradesman
- We will fully inspect the works required and advise you of the total cost for the repair and agree a fixed price before commencing any work
- Dust sheets are always used where appropriate
- We also carry a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner and clean any mess we have made leaving the work area clean and tidy
- We will never swear or use any inappropriate language
- After the repair is completed we will ask you to inspect and test the repair for your complete satisfaction
- Payment receipts are always available and our workmanship is of course fully guaranteed
- Our Window Wizard van is fully sign written so easily identifiable
- Smart / modern and will not leak oil on your driveway
- Compact small van that is suitable to park in busy residential areas
- Fitted with a built-in satellite navigation system
- Built-in Bluetooth mobile phone system, so we can answer the phone legally while driving
- Equipped with a 2kw petrol generator and 12v 1.2kw vehicle inverter if mains power is not available but required
- All power tools are PAT safety tested
- Our van is always fully stocked with the most common parts and we also use an inventory to keep track of stock levels.
Nine Common reasons for UPVC double glazed door lock failure:
- Dropped Door (not hinges)
- Incorrectly adjusted door hinges
- Worn or damaged door hinges
- Lack of lubrication / oil
- Intruder damage
- Faulty internal door handle components (springs/spindles)
- Worn or faulty key cylinder / barrel
- Worn, damaged or badly cut key
- Broken multi point locking system
How to test if the door lock (lift lever type) is the problem or the door alignment is the problem:
- With the door open try to lift the handles and turn the key, if this works, your lock is ok and your door will require re-alignment
- If the handles lift with the door open but the key won’t turn, it is most likely a cylinder / barrel issue but could also be a multi lock problem
- However, if the handles won’t lift with the door open it is most likely a lock problem
Please Click here to read more for identifying front door lock problems.
Call 020 8310 4193 now for your door lock repair service
Different styles of front door locks:
Please be aware that most front door locks operate differently to back door, porch door, French door, patio door and tilt and slide door locks.
- A front door lock with the handles at the same level, hence these types of locks use a split spindle to allow the inner and outer handles to operate differently.
- Front door locks with an outside handle lower than the inside handle, these lock using a twin spindle system to allow the inner and outer handles to operate separately.
- Does your front door lock have a fixed outer handle and push down inner lever handle? These older style locks allow the inner handle to open the latch part of the lock and therefore require a key on the outside to fully lock and open the door.
- Fixed inner and outer handle, this type of older style locks only operate with the key.
- Front door locks that have lift handles on both sides of the door but allow the outside handle to open the door, this is incorrect for a front door and either not installed correctly or the wrong model of lock for a front door.
- Customers with front door locks with lift handles on both sides but automatically fully locks when lifting a handle, these locks are called auto locks which always require a key to unlock them after lifting a handle.
Common faults with double glazed door locks:
- My front door key won’t turn? This is because either a damaged key, faulty cylinder, dropped door or faulty multi point lock.
- The key turns but the handles will not move? This could be due to a jammed multi lock.
- My key turns and the handles spin but the door will not open? The customer may have either faulty handles or a broken locking system.
- The door handles will not lift when the door is closed? This is a result of a dropped door or a lock problem.
- Why are my door handles really stiff to lift? The most likely cause would be a misaligned door.
- My front door latch can be opened using the outside handle without the need for a key?
- I can’t remove my key when the door is locked?
- My door bounces back open when I close it unless I lift the handle to keep it shut? This could be due to either the latch part of the lock not working or the door is misaligned.
- The door key is stiff to turn or difficult to insert into the lock barrel? A common cause for this problem is lack of lubrication. Customers can try applying a little oil on the key and working in and out of the cylinder. If the key is still tight then the barrel or key might be worn or damaged and need replacing.
- My door handles are loose, wobbly, floppy, stiff, notchy or broken off? This maybe either lack of lubrication, worn handles, broken springs, faulty lock etc. all fixable.
Area The Window Wizard Covers in SE London and Kent
David The Window Wizard carry’s out all your double glazing repairs including, Door repairs, window repairs and lock repairs to the following areas:
Abbey Wood, Albany Park, Barnehurst, Bean, Bexley, Bexleyheath, Belvedere, Blackfen, Bluewater, Bursted Wood, Crayford, Crockenhill, Darenth, Dartford, Eltham, Erith, Falconwood, Foots Cray, Greenhithe, Hawley, Hextable, Horton Kirby, Kidbrooke, Mottingham, New Eltham, Northumberland Heath, Saint Mary Cray, St Paul’s Cray, Sidcup, Slade Green, Stone, Sutton at Hone, Swanley, Swanscombe, Thamesmead, Welling, Wilmington.
We are able to provide our services in the following postcode areas:
DA1 DA2 DA5 DA6 DA7 DA8 DA9 DA10 DA14 DA15 DA16 DA17 DA18 SE2 SE9 SE28 BR8
Click to read “About Us”
Call 020 8310 4193 Now for a competitive price for our door lock repair service
Double Glazing Repair for UPVC doors and locks
The Window Wizard
Telephone No.020 8310 4193
Bexleyheath, Dartford, Crayford, Swanley, Welling, Wilmington, Thamesmead, Sidcup, Erith, Barnehurst, Bexley, Belvedere, Blackfen, Eltham
Double glazing repair company, for all your UPVC window and door problems. Local friendly family run business, Professional and qualified with 25+ years experience, fixed honest prices. Locksmith and double glazing door lock repair service. Call for a free quote