Conservatory Door and Lock Repairs Swanley Thamesmead
Conservatory Door and Lock Repairs
We specialise in Conservatory door repairs such as:
- Conservatory French doors or single door adjustments
- UPVC Door hinges replaced
- Multi point locking systems repaired or replaced
- Replacement lock keeps and door shoot bolts
- Conservatory door handles renewed
- Broken French Slave Door components replaced
- Door Restrictor Installation and renewal, to stops the door from swinging
- Rubber Door Gaskets
- UPVC Reinforced Door Panels
Consequently, if you would like further information? Please Click Here to read more details on door restrictors and Conservatory window & door Repairs
As well as Conservatory door repairs we also provide conservatory window repairs:
- Window Hinges
- Locking Handles
- Window Mechanisms and Gearboxes
- Window Alignments
- Extra Security devices
Conservatory Door Panels
Our UPVC reinforced door panels that we supply and fit are the ideal for replacing broken or damaged double glazed units in your conservatory door or lower glass panels. Or if you have existing broken or damaged conservatory door panel, maybe you would like to upgrade your standard panel for extra security with our UPVC reinforced door panels?
The UPVC reinforced door panels which we supply and fit consist of two outer layers of white PVC sheet with a MDF sheet sandwiched between two layers of polystyrene foam insulation. This means the panels are not only extremely strong but also offer excellent thermal insulation.
All Panels Comply with BS5750 and are resistant to both heat and Moisture, The Result is a core material free of CFC’s with rigid fire retardant skin, which is proof against rotting, weathering or warping.
What is a Composite door?
Composite doors are the latest type of front and back doors used in homes and offer as an alternative to the traditional Wooden, UPVC Plastic and Aluminium door.
A composite door is constructed from materials such as PVC, wood, metal, insulating foam and glass reinforced plastic, with an insulated core.
Composite doors are designed to give an authentic timber door appearance, due to their high definition panel design and wood grain effect.
What are the advantages of a composite door?
- Composite doors should not require any maintenance such as painting or varnishing.
- Unlike wooden doors a composite door are less affected by variations in temperature.
- Composite doors are available in a vast range of colours.
- Unlike UPVC doors, composite doors do not rely on unsightly and visible black gasket seals
What are the disadvantages of a composite door?
- Composite doors tend to have less adjustments compared to a UPVC double glazed door.
- They tend to be more expensive than a UPVC, Wooden door when supplied and fitted
- The multi point locking systems can be very hard to repair or source to replace.
- A composite door does not operate as smoothly as a UPVC door due to having a square edge that rubs the brush strips around the frame.
What type of door do I have?
How do I know if I have an Aluminium Door?
Aluminium front and back doors have slimmer frames than a UPVC doors.
An aluminium door and frame feel cooler to touch then a UPVC door.
Although your door may look like a white UPVC door, the aluminium door and frame maybe powder coated.
One of the benefits of power coating is that the aluminium doors or windows are unlikely to discolour, rust or peel, giving a long-lasting appearance.
An aluminium door will fit inside a wood surround where as UPVC doors do not incorporate any wood framework.
What does a UPVC Door look like?
UPVC doors have thicker frames then an aluminium door and can therefore look a little bulky. Due to the thickness of the UPVC frame, doorways can have a narrower opening compared to a wooden door or aluminium door. UPVC doors require very little maintenance as they do not incorporate any wood.
What are the advantages of a UPVC Door?
- UPVC front and back doors are low maintenance, only a lubrication of 3 in 1 oil twice a year.
- No painting or staining is required.
- Unlike most wooden doors, UPVC plastic doors are fitted with a high security multipoint locking system
- Unlike aluminium doors, extra security devices can be added.
- UPVC doors are well insulated and come in a range of designs.
What are the disadvantages of a UPVC Door?
- The plastic can discolour
- The colour effect such as wood grain can peel away or bubble from the door or frame.
- Due to the thickness of the UPVC frame, doors tend to have a narrow appearance and less area of glass and light compared to an aluminium door.
How do I know if I have French doors or patio doors?
French Doors are a pair of doors that swing on hinges
Patio Doors are two doors with one fixed door and one door that slides from side to side on wheels / rollers.
What are Bi-folding doors / folding doors?
Bi-folding doors are two or more doors that fold together using hinges and a guide track top and bottom.
UPVC Reinforced Door Panels
Does your UPVC front or back door panel have a split, crack, hole, warped, rippled, scratched, damaged, faded or discoloured?
Does your door have a cat flap or dog flap fitted that you no longer require?
Or if you require extra privacy how about swapping your lower glass panels for a UPVC reinforced door panels ?
We supply and fit all sizes and thickness UPVC reinforced door panels to your double glazing door.
We only use the best panels that are reinforced and comply with BS5750 which is both heat and moisture resistant with a rigid fire retardant skin.
Call The Window Wizard for a free quote. Your Local UPVC Window and Door Repair Specialist
Double glazing Conservatory window, Door and Lock Repairs
The Window Wizard
Telephone No.020 8310 4193
Bexleyheath, Dartford, Crayford, Swanley, Welling, Wilmington, Thamesmead, Sidcup, Erith
Specialising and equipped to carry out window, door and conservatory repairs. We don’t have the normal high overheads that some double glazing companies might have. So a repair is more cost effective to us as it will also be to you. Call now if your conservatory doors have drooped and need adjusting. Or you require new window hinges or handles.